General Technology Publications
- “Carbon-Carbon Bond Cleavage as a Prelude to Chain Transfer in Ester-Functionalized Norbornene Polymerization” Rhodes, L., et al. Macromolecules 2008, 41, pp. 2984-2986
- “Microstructure of 2,3 Erythro Di-isotactic Polynorbornene from Atomistic Simulation.” Ahmed, S., et al. Computational and Theoretical Polymer Science, 2000, pp. 221-233.
- “Gas Transport Properties of a Series of High Tg Polynorbornenes with Aliphatic Pendant Groups.” Dorkenoo, Kokou D., et al. Journal of Polymer Science: Part B: Polymer Physics, vol. 36, 1998, pp. 797-803.
- “Advanced Materials for Electronic Applications by Polymerization of Cyclic Olefins Using Late Transition Metal Catalysts.” Barnes, Dennis A., et al. Proceedings of MetCon ’98, Worldwide Metallocene Conference, Houston, TX, June 1998.
- “Stereochemical Structure-Property Relationships in Polynorbornene from Simulation.” Ahmed, S., et al. Macromolecular Symposium, 1998.
- “High Performance Plastic Substrates for Active Matrix Flexible FPD.” Angiolini, Simone, et al. Proc. SID 2003 (Digest of Technical Papers), May 2003, Baltimore MD USA, Vol. XXXIV, 1325-1328.
- “High-Performance Plastic Substrates for Flexible Flat Panel Displays.” Angiolini, Simone., et al. Proc. Eurodisplay (The 22nd International Display Research Conference), October 2002, Nice France, LN-19b, 907-910.
Sacrificial Materials Publications
- “A SI-CMOS-MEMs Process using Back-Side Grinding.” Fang, J., et al. Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS), 2010 IEEE 23rd International Conference, 2010, pp. 364 – 367.
- Devlin, N. (2009, December, 1) “Patterning decomposable polynorbornene with electron beam lithography to create nanochannels.” Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B 27, 2508 (2009)
- “Fabrication of Microchannels using Polynorbornene Photosensitive Sacrificial Materials” X. Wu, H. A. Reed, Y. Wang, L. F. Rhodes, E. Elce, R. Ravikiran, R. A. Shick, C. L. Henderson, S. A. Bidstrup Allen, P. A. Kohl Journal of the Electrochemical Society 2003, 150, H205.
- “Improved Fabrication of Micro-air Channels by Incorporation of a Structural Barrier.” (Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, October 2005), Institute of Physics Printing, Philadelphia, PA USA, pp 35-42.
- “Device Deformation During Decomposition of Unity® Sacrificial Material.” Dukkipati, V., Langsdorf, L., et al. Promerus, LLC.
- “SoL-Compliant Wafer-Level Package Technologies.” Bakir, Muhannad., et al. Semiconductor International, April 2002, pp. 63-66.
- “Fabrication of Air-Channel Structures for Microfluidic, Microelectromechanical, and Microelectronic Applications.” Bhusari, Dhananjay., et al. Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, vol. 10, no. 3, Sept. 2001, pp. 400-408.
- “Air-Gaps in 0.3 µm Electrical Interconnections.” Kohl, Paul A., et al. IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 21, no. 12, Dec. 2000, pp. 557-559.
- “Air-Gaps for Electrical Interconnections.” Kohl, Paul A., et al. Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 1, no. 1, January 1998, pp. 49-51. [P.A. Kohl, et al., “Air-Gaps for Electrical Interconnections,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, 1, 49 (Jan. ’98)©The Electrochemical Society, Inc., reproduced with permission.”]
Avatrel Dielectric Coating Materials Publications
- “Polymers of norbornenyl-4-phenol: Dissolution rate characteristics, positive tone photo-patterning, and polymer properties”, Paul J. Evans, et al., J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 2017, 134 (24), 44952.
- “Low Temperature Curable Polynorbornene as Redistribution Layer” Knapp, B. (May, 2008) Presented at The Thirtheenth Meeting of TheSymposium on Polymers for Microelectronics, Wilmington, Delaware.
- “Multilayer Electron-Beam Curing of Polymer Dielectric for Electrical Interconnections.” Manepalli, Rahul., et al. Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 3, no. 5, January 2000, pp. 228-231.
- “Functionalized Polynorbornene Dielectric Polymers: Adhesion and Mechanical Properties.” Grove, Nicole R., et al. Journal of Polymer Science: Part B: Polymer Physics, vol.37, 1999, pp. 3003-3010.
- “Avatrel™ Dielectric Polymers for HDP Applications.” McDougall, W.C., et al. Proceedings of International Conference & Exhibition on High Density Interconnect and Systems Packaging, IMAPS, Denver, Colorado, April 1999. [Copyright ©, 1999 IMAPS-International Microelectronics and Packaging Society. Reprinted with permission from the International Conference on High Density Interconnect and Systems Packaging Proceedings, Denver, Colorado, Apr. ’99.]
- “High Performance Cyclic Olefins for Wireless Applications.” McDougall, W.C., et al. Wireless Symposium Exhibition, Boston, MA, September 1998.
- “Reactive Ion Etching of Silicon Containing Polynorbornenes.” Zhao, Qiang., and Kohl, Paul A. Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 145, no. 4, April 1998, pp. 1257-1262.
- “Avatrel™ Dielectric Polymers for Electronic Packaging.” Shick, R.A., et al. Advancing. Microelectronics, vol. 25, no. 5, 1998, pp. 13-14.
Optoelectronic Systems Publications
- “Synthesis and Properties of Vinyl-Addition Polymerized Polynorbornene Electro-Optic Materials” K. H. Park, R. J. Twieg, R. Ravikiran, R. A. Shick, L. F. Rhodes, D. Yankelovich, A. Knoesen, Macromolecules 2004, 37, 5163.
- “High-Performance Polymeric Materials for Waveguide Applications.” Glukh, Konstantin., et al. Paper prepared for The BFGoodrich Company, Electronic Materials Division. Brecksville, OH.
Photoresist Resins Publications
- “The Effect of endo/exo-Norbornene Isomer Ratio on Poly(norbornene) Optical Density at 193 nm, C. Chang, A. Bell, R. A. Shick, L. D. Seger, L. F. Rhodes, G. M. Benedikt, J. Photopolym. Sci. Tech. 2014, 27(4), 497.
- “Palladium Catalyzed Vinyl Addition Poly(norbornenes): Formic Acid as a Chain Transfer Agent. Mechanism and Polymer Optical Properties” Kandanarachchi, P., et al. Journal Photopolymer Science and Technology, Vol. 26, No. 4, (2013) pp. 431-439.
- “Palladium Catalyzed Vinyl Addition Poly(norbornenes): Silane Chain Transfer Agents, Hydroxyl Group Activators and Their Impact on Optical Density at 193 nm” Rhodes, L., et al. Journal Photopolymer Science and Technology, Vol. 25, No. 2, (2012) pp. 161-169.
- “Optical Density at 193nm of Vinyl Addition Poly(norbornene) Made Using Hydrogen as a Chain Transfer Agent” Burns, C., et al. Journal Photopolymer Science and Technology, Vol. 23, No. 5, (2010) pp. 715-719.
- “Development of Optically Transparent Cyclic Olefin Photoresist Binder Resins.” Rhodes, L., et al. Advances in Resist Technology and Processing XXII, vol.5753, 2005, pp. 149-161.
- “Fluoropolymer Resists: Fundamentals and Lithographic Evaluation” H. Ito; H. D. Truong; L. F. Rhodes; C. Chang; L. J. Langsdorf; H. A. Sidaway; K. Maeda; S. Sumida J. Photopolym. Sci. Tech. 2004, 17(4), 609.
- “Bis-Trifluoromethyl Carbinol Substituted Polynorbornenes: Dissolution Behavior” T. Hoskins, W. J. Chung, A. Agrawal, P. J. Ludovice, C. L. Henderson, L. D. Seger, L. F. Rhodes, R. A. Shick, Macromolecules 2004, 37, 4512.
- “Recent Progress on New Fluorinated Resins for 157 nm Lithography” F. Houlihan, R. Sakamuri, D. Rentkiewicz, A. Romano, R. R. Dammel, M. Sebald, N. Stepanenko, C. Hohle, L. Rhodes, J. McDaniel, C. Chang in “Advances in Imaging Materials and Processes”, Eds. H. Ito, P. R. Varanasi; M. M. Khojasteh; R. Chen, Society of Plastics Engineers, 2004, 43.
- “Dissolution Rate Modifiers Based on Oligomeric Norbornene Derivatives for Use in Chemically Amplified Cyclic Olefin Resists” L. D. Seger, C. Chang, X. Wu, D. A. Barnes, L. F. Rhodes, T. Hoskins, A. Jeyakumar, C. Henderson, R. R. Dammel in “Advances in Imaging Materials and Processes”, Eds. H. Ito, P. R. Varanasi; M. M. Khojasteh; R. Chen, Society of Plastics Engineers, 2004, 53.
- “Effect of Photoacid Generator Additives on the Dissolution Behavior of Bis-Trifluoromethyl Carbinol Substituted Polynorobornene”, T. Hoskins, C. M. Berger, P. J. Ludovice, C. L. Henderson, L. D. Seger, C. Chang, L. F. Rhodes Proc. SPIE. Int. Soc. Opt. Eng., 2004, 5376, 1053.
- “The Effect of End Group Modifications on the Transparency of Vinyl Addition Norbornene Polymers at 193 nm.” Rhodes, L., et al. Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, vol.206, 2005, pp. 1988-2000.
- “New Fluorinated Resins for 157 nm Lithography Application” F. Houlihan, A. Romano, D. Rentkiewicz, R. Sakamuri, R. R. Dammel, W. Conley, G. Rich, D. Miller, L. Rhodes, J. McDaniel, C. Chang J. Photopolym. Sci. Technol. 2003, 16(4), 581-590.
- “Rational Design in Cyclic Olefin Resists for Sub-100nm Lithography.” Wenjie Li, Larry Rhodes, Leah Langsdorf, et al. Spie, Microlithography 2003 presentation, Santa Clara, CA.